Friday, January 16, 2009

Doing Research

So I was doing research this week in preparation for my meeting with my future tattoo guy, Fabian Iezzi. I am going to start my half sleeve, and wanted to know a little more background on the artist of the piece I am getting done. Katsushika Hokusai (the man of wood block prints) did the famous painting The Great Wave of Kanagawa. This piece means a lot to me, not only because it has been one of my favorite painting ever since I started my career in art, but it is also significant because wood block prints laid the foundation for graphic design (another obsession/passion of mine). Anyways, I figured I would make a post in homage to his career as an art star.

P.S. I will keep you updated and will be posting pics when the masterpiece is completed.

No comments: